Sarala Ravindran from Sarala's Kitchen
List of Ingredients:
- Paneer (farmer's cheese/curd cheese) 200gm, (if it's purchased from a store then soak in warm water for 10 minutes to soften)
- Capsicum - 2 medium sized (Add to Cart)
- Onion - 3 medium sized (2 finely chopped and 1 chopped in quarters and peel individually) (Add to Cart)
- Kasoori Methi-1/2tsp (Add to Cart)
- Tomatoes - 2 medium sized ( Add to Cart )
- Cashew Nuts - 5 Nos (optional) (Add to Cart)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder adjust to suit your tongue. (Add to Cart)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder. (Add to Cart)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste. (Add to Cart)
- Cinnamon Stick 1-inch size. (Add to Cart)
- Bay Leaves - 2. (Add to Cart)
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp. (Add to Cart)
- Cardamom - 2. (Add to Cart)
- Cloves - 3. (Add to Cart)
- Ajwain seeds(Carom, Omam in Tamil)-1tsp (optional). Added usually to help with digestion. (Add to Cart)
- Cut the paneer in small cubes and slice the capsicum into 1-inch sizes.
- Get the ground paste ready (usually with a mixture grinder)
- Add oil. Butter if desired.
- Add the items for seasoning.
- Add the finely chopped onion. Wait until it wilts. Cover it up for few minutes until the edges turn brown.
- Add the ground paste. Wash the mixer grinder with 50mls of water and add to it. Oil starts oozing after five minutes.
- Add the capsicum and cook for five to seven minutes with lid covered, as it cooks faster.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Once capsicum is half cooked add in the paneer and saute for five minutes. Add the big sized onion peels.
- Add 1/2 tsp of kasoori methi. Stir in for two to three minutes. Once you get your desired consistency, switch off the stove. The dish is ready.
- Can garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Goes well with Chapati/Roti/Peas pulao/Jeera pulao
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Number of Servings: 4